Thursday, June 19, 2008

A date in your diary

Scrap Inspire Create
{  Crop Party  }

Yes, that's it! Jazz decided our first Crop party in the hotel, so please put this date in your diary, 28th June 2008, 2pm-5pm  (you can find out more details here ) I'm sure there are many games and challenges for you ladies ( guys ), I do hope to see you all  and I am sure we will have a fun & creative time.  By the way, school is out soon, soon, very soon...

I read Ali Edwards' blog this morning and felt so touched. I read hers everyday, get inspired in different ways.  But today's is different:  being a parent is something simply not what we can say that we are very good at it... I know there are millions of books on parenting, but are you sure you can just find one and copy the way to deal with your own children? If it's yes, then you are LUCKY! But the truth is every single child is unique, and I have two! I need to use different ways to talk to them even! Well, compare to those who have 3, 4, or more, I really admire you!  I especially admire the way Ali Edwards does, I was nearly in tears after that read.

I always wanted to be a fine parent to my girls and am still trying. Ever since I started scrapbooking, I feel that I might find a way, this hobby definitely cool me down and let me think more.  By not only tell their/our story, but also remind them/us how we once were, and the person we will/shall be. Recording those precious moment for them, also for us, when we are elder one day, we won't regret that we have missed something important in their/our lives. 
We scrap everything, kinda anything, yes, why? Because we simply can not afford just let anything go like a snap! Big or little, these are the things happened once in our lives and we wish to keep them, don't you? When I was little, I kept anything in my old cookie tins, my parents moved many times and I did too, but I still have 4 or 5 with me now, you know what is inside? All my TREASURE: my first pair imported hair pin from my dad ( picture a 7 years old girl crying over the Japanese goods); some really old stickers from a boy I once loved ( ok, ok, yes, there was someone long time ago, he bought stickers for me in a rainy day and kept them under his shirt to keep them dry); some nice jade necklace from old frenz; my collection of newspaper and poster on my fav actress Lin Qin Xia... many many things, I would put myself into those old days every time I go through them. I guess all the things I do now, will help my girls to remember their days as a child and let them treasure for what they have. 

Talk to them, record what they say, listen to them, write what they think and play with them
, just like you once were ... believe or not we can give them the best and make them a better one.

I guess I have talked too much today, just felt into this mood... Renee had her recital this afternoon after school, yes, this is not her first time but it's her first duet with her friend Alissa.


I do not expect her to be one fine musician one day but I am sure she loves music and will enjoy it all her life. 


No comments: