Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Mood


The start of a new week is always exciting, especially after this one, I will have a mid-term break!

As I mentioned in the last post, I have more things to share here. My children usually spend a lot of time on their art work, they draw, paint, sketch, colour, they do a lot of stuff at school as well as home. I always have to find more place to keep the treasures -- well, just can't throw them away, can I?

I used to file Renee's art work in big A3 size file, but eventually that doesn't work any more since Rafeeqa joined in. She can start to draw from the moment she wakes up till the minute before she goes to bed, every a few days, I have to sort out the things she has. There always a few pieces of great work caught my eye and I simply couldn't just file them away, kept thinking of ways to display them. Not very long ago, I discovered a few ways to show off the girls art work. Along with the JB kit, I received KaiserCraft's wonderful project items and decided to use them to display the girls work.

Rafeeqa was very into Beatrix Potter's beautiful books and decided to try some by herself. The pictures of the duck, cat, and bunnies were all drawn on to a piece of A4 paper, I wonder how to keep the pencil sketch forever then thought of use the UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel) to keep the image into the 3D kinda version and it worked perfectly after I add on some wing and button.

The best thing about Kaiser Craft's display item is that you can use your creativity to transform into anything you like:
I first arranged dollies on the bottom part then used Claudine Hellmuth's multi-medium gloss to make sure they stay. American Craft's rub-on fits perfectly in this frame, not to mention the grass stamp to complete the whole look.

Another one is called Aliah, who is actually a friend of Rafeeqa. My little girl sketched her friend in the woods one day. I laid it on Kaiser Craft's wood canvas and again applied multi-medium gloss to make sure the picture can last forever, for the edge of the canvas I used Heidi Swapp's ribbon. Now these two beautiful work sit outside their room on the desk, as well as the other work by Renee.


I once did a layout called :" Your art make me Happy", I scanned some of Rafeeqa's work and reprint them on A5 size sheet, used a lot of Maya Road's frame to display the work, as if the gallery style, we loved it.


Let children know that they are appreciated and make them create more, do not the imagination stop...

Till then,

1 comment:

jaz lee said...

Yu'er...i sincerely want to say thank you for your love left for me during our family's diffcult time. that means a lot to me ;)

And thank you for sharing about the art of work from your precious kiddos ;) they are beautifully done ;) and your girls are so pretty just like their mommy! ;)
lucky gal you,got to meet iris!!!hee..
i have not to Brunei before, although my hubby used to go there every month for work.now my bro-in-law who is an army personnel, is stationed there til october...

it will be nice to meet you up one day ;) love.jaz