Saturday, June 9, 2007

Ruey's kit (2) -- My box album

As I mentioned early one, I only used a small part of the things from Ruey's kit, so this week, I tried to use as many as I can to finish the box album I was working on. The idea of the box came from the Scrapbook Inspiration mag, but the sizes mentioned in the mag did not seem to work, so I figured out my own and this is it:

(1) Measure 4' from the one edge of the card stock, then repeat at four sides, so you actually cut out 4 squares sized 4'*4'
(2) Repeat the same steps for paper 2 and 3, but the squares sizes will be: 3 7/8' and
3 5/8'
(3) The last piece will be the cover, I trimed it to a 6 4/8' square, and folded up 1' from each edge, and made the cover size of a 4 4/8' * 4 4/8' sqauare and added embelishments, along the four sides, I added stickers from Provo Craft and velvet ribbon.
(4) Now, the inside, add photo and explored with your talent and do whatever you like, I love the 7 gypsie stickers, prima flowers and chipboards; after that, put the 3 pieces of stock together, you will have something like this
(5) For the outside of the box, I used the lovely paper form Ruey's kit again, they are so beautiful, and I used flowers, chipboard and sticker again( what to do, I just love them), and finally add the tag to go with the "Happy" word from the cover.
This will be the present for my dad, the Father's day is around the corner, I also made a card for him. Since he is so so far away from us, this box album will let him to see the girls every day.

There is a picture of the girls, hubby and myself inside the card for daddy too.

5 comments:

Scrapper-holic said...

Wow this is a really nice box. Gorgeous. I'm sure your Dad will love it.

Pandachu said...

Ruey told me how she taught someone to make one for her mum n the woman's mum burst into tears cos she was so touched. Hopefully ur dad feels just as touched :)

Jasmin B said...

WOW!!! So LOVELY!!! Fantastic work Yu-er!!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Ruey said...

What a gorgeous explosion box album! I made one for a friend using those papers as well and it turned out sooo beautiful! Well done and I think you have done some great layouts with the kit. Thanks for the support.