Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tutorial

Some people have green fingers, they are able to plant anything they want, I admire them. I always want to have a small cottage built near a lake, with flowers blooming in the garden. As I mentioned small cottage, have you all noticed a little cafe in Kiulap called "Country Patch"? A place you shall like.

Well, back to the fingers... Unfortunatelly I do not have green fingers, so what kind of fingers do I have then? hehe...

This one is on my desk and I notice that I am not the only one to play with it. I came across this type of calendar not very long ago and actually wanted to make one for my dad, instead I submitted it for the "Green Project" held by CI. Just in case you would love to make one, here are the steps:

I used one of the pizza box ( the one from my monthly kit club ), simply make up your mind for its size, mine one, the base is about 6 1/2' (W) * 6 1/2 '(D) * 6 1/2 '(H). The size of the dice is a 2 1/2' cube.




Now, you use pp to cover them up, I made a slicely bigger cube to house the bare one.

Before you glue pp on to the stand, must punch holes first, measure the hole properly, otherwise you will have problem to put rings through them. I add eyelet on the hole too.

For the month sheets, I all used scraps and used rubon (MF). Now, the last part is to stamp (MM ) the numbers on the cubes. Have you thought over how to do the numbers? To make sure you have no problem to have day 1 to day 31?

I am not an active blogger, I know it takes so long to be mine 100th post, a few RAKs will be given away, so watch out this space, very soon...

No comments: