Monday, July 13, 2009

Artz de Scrap - altered storybook

My first assignment from Art de Scrap is to alter a storybook. I love books, my girls do too, after they finish reading some books, we normally give to their cousins or donate to whoever needs them. I couldn't find anything in the house that I can alter ( or I should say that I want to alter ).

Well, making a book is always a fun thing to do especially when I have all those lovely picture of Rafeeqa featuring Goldilocks!  Two years back when she was still in kindy, they played out the story: Goldilocks and the 3 bears. I saved all the pictures and resized all of them to 2R to fit on the pages. I had this idea of making a personalized storybook for her, so this fits perfectly in my July's assignment!

The tree stamp I got from my last trip to Shanghai, just love it! Renee helped to draw Goldilocks and the three bears which were hiding among the trees, I used UTEE for the girl and like the 3D effect.




The book is about 4 * 6" in size, to fit the color "blue and green", I used a lot of paper with this tone and stickers, felt bird from Maya Road, rub ons from Yellow Bicycles and most fun part, I hand cut lots of houses and window. The two girls read it over and over at night which make me smile from bottom of the heart!

So are you ready for this fun project? Gather your stash and set to go!! Do upload your project and send to Artz de Scrap.


No comments: