Friday, July 24, 2009

Today

Thirty six years ago, I arrived as a 7month old premature baby.

By looking at the height of my parents, most of the people would think I should end up over 170com. My dad is 182com and my mum was 168cm, but I concluded my current height was due to the early arrival to this world, lol.

My dad called me two days ago to wish me a early Happy Birthday, he always remembers the date even we are thousands miles apart. I miss you, dad. This was a layout I did 2years ago, to me, he's a forever hero.

He had the hardest time 6 years when my mother was having the cancer treatment, bearing all the pain by himself as he wouldn't want me to know, for me was 7 months pregnant at that time. If I would know ...

She was always there for me if I needed her as long as I can remember. Though there were times that she was not able to, she's still with me in my heart. I miss her terribly every year on my birthday.

I know she is somewhere around and she is with me.

My sweetest Rafeeqa wrote me a letter as the birthday present which I will load in another post later. She was born one week after my mother passed away. I always think she was sent by my mother... I don't know, just have this feeling for all these years.

Today, I looked through all the album and found this:
I am truly grateful for what I have today.

3 comments:

alin said...

Happy Birthday Emily! Wish u all the happiness with your loving family.. Was so touch reading your blog... Anyway have a great birthday ya!

Luv,
Alin
pinkelephantsandbuttons.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Emily....ur post is very touching dear...

jaz lee said...

Touching sharing here Yu-ee.tfs them. and gorgeous gorgeous work!my fav is "if i could".too stunning.have a blessed week ;)-jaz